Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Books read in October 2017

New:

1. On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
2. Toronto Public Etiquette Guide by Dylan Reid
3. Why Won't You Apologize? Healing Big Betrayals and Everyday Hurts by Harriet Lerner
4. Dangerous Women (anthology) ed. George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois
5. Indigenous Writes: A Guide to First Nations, Métis & Inuit Issues in Canada by Chelsea Vowel 
6. Glass Houses by Louise Penny
7.  I Am Woman: A Native Perspective On Sociology And Feminism by Lee Maracle

Reread:

1. Strangers in Death
2. Salvation in Death
3. Ritual in Death

4 comments:

laura k said...

Interesting nonfiction!

I thought the Toronto guide might be like the funny little NYC guide we found in a travel bookstore in Oregon. It's best seen through a Google image search: NYC etiquette guide nathan pyle.

Yours looks not facetious.

impudent strumpet said...

I googled the NYC one, and I wouldn't describe it as facetious either.

laura k said...

I'm pretty sure much of the NYC guide is meant with a snarky overtone. I find it very interesting that a non- New Yorker sees it as serious!

impudent strumpet said...

I've seen enough people who don't know how to city that it seemed like it meets a genuine need.

Kind of like the xkcd tech support flowchart